Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Austria: Flag of Europe

On 1st September I got two postcards: one from Austria and one from Belgium.

The card from Austria shows the Flag of Europe. The Flag of Europe is an official symbol of the Council of Europe and the European Union. It consists of a circle of twelve five-pointed stars, symbolising completeness and perfection, on a blue field. The flag was first adopted by the Council of Europe in 1955. Since 1985 it is also used by the European Communities, which later became the European Union.
I got this card a few weeks ago in a cover and sent it to me on my trip to Austria.


With matching stamps:
20th anniversary of the Referendum about the Accession to the European Union (issued 12-06-2014)
Presidency of the Council of the European Union (issued 08-06-2018)
The stars on the stamp are printed with gold foil.


Thank You very much Sibylle for sending me the card in an envelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment