Saturday, April 25, 2020

Some New Stamps in My Collection

These days incoming mail becomes really scarce and I am happy if there is at least one card a week. The reason however is not only the virus, but also because I did not do many swaps in the last weeks. To compensate this a bit I recently bought some stamps in the online stamp shop Postbeeld. This was already my third order there and once again I was very contented. Even in this difficult times my order arrived very quickly. Here I will just show a small selection. Go to my stamp blog to see all of them. 

This order now brought to my collection one of my favourite stamp sets ever in mint condition, the wonderful Simpsons stamps from the USA (issued 07-05-2009). When I began collecting stamps, I was already looking for them for my collection. Bart and Lisa I got years ago on a postcard, but the other three I was still missing. 
If you want to know more about these stamps you should check out the YouTube Channel Exploring Stamps (S2E7). I am actually following this channel since I first saw the video about the Simpsons.

I am still looking for Homer, Maggie and Marge used on a postcard. Can anybody help me?


After I already added the Hobbit stamps from New Zealand to my collection earlier this year, I now also have the three sets about the Lord of the Rings, which were issued between 2001 and 2003. Below you can see just two of the stamps with Galadriel and Gandalf. The rest of them you can see on my blog about Childhood Heroes on Stamps.


In fact many of them stamps I bought show childhood heroes. Just a few more of them you can see here.





But I did not only buy stamps about childhood heroes. I also bought some I want to show on my history blog later on.




No comments:

Post a Comment