Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Germany: Gustav Adolf Stave Church in Goslar

Last Tuesday I got three postcards: one from Germany, one from Austria and one from Italy.

The card from Germany shows the Gustav Adolf Stave Church in Goslar's borough Hahnenklee-Bockswiese. The Gustav Adolf Stave Church was built between 1907 and 1908 as a copy of the Borgund Stave Church in Norway. Although I was already often in Goslar, I have never seen this church. Maybe I should go there on my next trip to the city.


This card travelled quite slow. It got cancelled on 12th July, but just arrived here on 21st July. Two stamps were used as postage. The right stamp is a flower definitive with a Cuckooflower (issued 18-12-2018) and the left one commemorates the Bicentenary of the University of Bonn (issued 01-02-2018).


Thank You very much Marcel!

No comments:

Post a Comment