Monday, April 22, 2019

Myanmar: Shwedagon Pagoda

On Wednesday I got a postcard from Myanmar.

It shows the Shwedagon Pagoda. The Shwedagon Pagoda is the most famous stupa in Myanmar and the country's religious centre. It is said to contain relics of the last four Buddhas. In recent years it also became a tourist attraction and symbol of Myanmar.


Stamps:
71st Anniversary of Independence (from set of three) (issued 04-01-2019)
In seven years of stamp collecting I think I have never seen a stamp printed in such a poor quality. Interestingly the pictures I have seen of this stamp on the Internet look much better. I wonder, is it maybe a forgery?
110th Anniversary of Yangon General Post Office (issued 20-09-2018)
Musical Instruments (two from set of four) (issued 14-09-2017)


Thank You very much Jobbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment