Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Austria: Vienna Museum

Last Saturday I got a postcard from Austria.

As history student I really like postcards about history. While for some themes I already got quite many cards, others are a real surprise to get. One of the latter cards for sure was this card about the Second Siege of Vienna by Ottoman forces in 1683. Shown on the card is an Ottoman map of the siege, which is today housed in the Vienna Museum. The Vienna Museum is a group of museums in Vienna consisting of the museums of the history of the city. Back in 2014, when I visited Vienna, I was in the main building in Karlsplatz, but unfortunately did not buy a postcard, so this card is actually even more interesting.


A souvenir sheet about Historic Mail Vehicles (issued 25-08-2016) was used on this card. It got thematic special postmark with a posthorn.


Thank You very much Anita!

No comments:

Post a Comment