Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Covid-19 Stamps from the Isle of Man

Last Friday I got my stamp order from the Isle of Man.

The only stamp set I ordered was the recent issue about Covid-19 called Carry Us Through (issued 04-05-2020). The stamps show different aspects of human life which will help us through the current situation such as Love, Work, Community and Compassion. My three favourites are Care, Words and Science. Very interesting and unfortunately hard to see on a scan is that you can actually read the message on the Words stamp, it is a greetings card written by a woman called Lucy to her mum. The Isle of Man was the second European country and the fourth in the World to issue stamps about Covid-19. Although I think it would be quite interesting, I am still not sure if I want to start a new thematic collection about these. On Sunday I also posted about Collecting Corona on my history blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment