Monday, December 27, 2021

Japan: Mount Fuji

On 15th December I got three postcards: one from Japan, one from Canada and one from Austria.

The card from Japan shows Mount Fuji. Mount Fuji is the highest volcano in Japan and has always been a sacred place and a source of artistic inspiration. Nowadays it is also an internationally recognised icon of Japan. Since 2013 is Mount Fuji on the UNESCO World Heritage List. 

One of fifteen Demon Slayer stamps (issued 06-12-2021) and its First Day Special Postmark were used here. Although I really like to watch anime, I do so all too rarely. Demon Slayer sounds like something I would have enjoyed, but unfortunately I missed the broadcast on German TV this summer. Such a pity this stamp issue was announced too late. Otherwise I would have known what to look out for.


Thank You very much Keiko!

No comments:

Post a Comment