Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Germany: Benjamin Blümchen

On 18th March I got two postcards from Germany.

One of them shows Benjamin Blümchen. Benjamin Blümchen is a talking elephant created by Elfie Donnelly in 1977. He has appeared mainly in audio dramas and an animated show, but there had also been books, magazines and a live-action adaptation. The audio series is among the most popular in Germany and this year the 150th episode had been released. This card is actually a maxicard which I had created with the wonderful German Benjamin Blümchen stamp (issued 01-03-2022). Benjamin Blümchen was one of my favourite characters as a child and this stamp is surely a great addition for my collection of Childhood Heroes on Stamps

On the front side I used the gummed version of the stamp and on the backside I put the self-adhesive one which like usual gets a different postmark. 

A day later also this second postcard arrived showing Benjamin together with his best friend Otto. Although I really love this stamp, I think it is a bit sad that stamp and postmarks only show Benjamin and none of his many friends. 

On this card I got the First Day Special Postmark from Berlin and also added last year's stamp about Bibi Blocksberg and Tina (issued 02-12-2021). Bibi and Tina were also created by Elfie Donnelly and there are even some crossover episodes between Benjamin's and Bibi's audio drama series, but as far as I know none between Benjamin and Bibi and Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment