Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Germany: Rumpelstiltskin

On 26th February I got three postcards from Germany.

All of them are connected to the Rumpelstiltskin. The Rumpelstiltskin is a European fairy tale character. In the most famous version he helps a miller's daughter to come to fortune and a marriage with a prince by showing her how to spin gold from straw. For his help he asks the miller's daughter's first child, but is finally outwited when his real name is revealed. 

Rumpelstiltskin was this year the theme of the German Welfare stamps (issued 03-02-2022). Like usual three stamps were issued. This is the middle-value one showing the same scene as the card above.

In recent years the character was featured in multiple movies and TV shows like Shrek or my favourite series Once upon a Time. Hence I used this card of the series for the stamp.

Here I used the lowest value as self-adhesive version.

This is a second card about Once upon a Time showing Henry's fairy tale book.

On this card I used the gummed version of the lowest value.


Actually I had also sent myself a fourth card with the highest value, but that one was lost in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment