Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Italy: Milan

On 17th February I got two postcards from Italy.

Both of them show multiple views of Milan, so I show them in one post. 

On the first card a stamp from a set of eight about the 90th anniversary of Mickey Mouse (issued 03-11-2017) was used. The special postmark is about the beginning of Milan's theatre season and shows the outside of La Scala, of which you can find both in and outside on the card above.

I can not believe that it was now already seven years ago when I was in Milan for the EXPO. Back then I saw nothing of the city, so I guess I should return one day.

The same postmark was used on this card and the postmark is about the 2021 ATP Finals held in Turin (issued 29-10-2021). The singles champion of the tournament was Germany's Alexander Zverev. Such a pity that Italian Post was able to issue a stamp for this event in Turin, but none for the Eurovision Song Contest.


Thank You very much William!

No comments:

Post a Comment