Sunday, October 3, 2021

Germany: Löwenwall in Braunschweig

On 23rd June I got three postcards: two from Germany and one from Austria.

One of the cards from Germany shows the Löwenwall in my home town Braunschweig. The Löwenwall is a monumental park. It is located near the Municipal Museum and my former school and in summer we often went there for PE classes. In the centre of the park is an obelisk in honour of the Dukes Charles William Ferdinand and Frederick William of Brunswick, who both fought and died in the wars against Napoleon.

I sent this card to myself with the German stamp about the UEFA Football Championship (issued 10-06-2021) and its First Day Special Postmark. This stamp was already designed back in 2020 before the championship were postponed due to Covid-19 and still includes some venues that were not used in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment