Sunday, October 3, 2021

USA: Miami

On 15th June I got three postcards: two from the USA and one from Germany.

One of the cards from the USA shows Miami. Miami is a global centre in finance, commerce, culture, arts, tourism and international trade and the setting for one of my favourite TV shows, Golden Girls. Furthermore it is the 44th-largest city in the USA and has the third-largest skyline in the country with over 300 high-rises.

These stamps tell me how much let all my postal fun slide in the last months. Used on the right are two of the ten wonderful Star Wars Droids (issued 04-05-2021), which I was actually trying to get all on postcards as well. However I abandoned my hope after I had seven of them and now this feels like it was ages ago. Nonetheless these two, Chopper and IG-11, I think are the most interesting from the set, as these are the first stamps ever that show characters that were not introduced in the Star Wars movies, but in the many TV shows. Chopper was one of the stars of the show Star Wars Rebels and more recently made an appearance in Bad Batch, while IG-11 originates from the Disney+ original series The Mandalorian. 


Thank You very much Tracey!

No comments:

Post a Comment