Monday, November 1, 2021

Austria: Aurach and Jochberger Hummel

On 4th August I got two postcards from Austria. 

One of them shows four views of Aurach. Aurach is a commune near Kitzbühel. A former mining town, Aurach is nowadays mainly known for its animal park and expensive real estates. This is yet another card from my holidays in Austria. I have not been to Aurach, but bought this card in Kitzbühel.

I sent this card to myself with the nice Jochberger Hummel stamp (issued 10-07-2021) I had shown before, because the First Day Special Postmark is from Aurach. The Jochberger Hummel is a rare breed of cows and a variant of the Pinzgauer Cattle. By nature it is hornless, maroon, tough and indulgent. The first hornless Pinzgauer Cattle was born in Aurach in 1834, but today it is only bred in a few farms in Salzburg and Tyrol. I really like this stamp and special postmark. It is the first in a new series about rare breeds. 

The second card was also sent by myself. Although this is not a Jochberger Hummel, I really liked this cow card and also sent it with stamp and special postmark.


No comments:

Post a Comment