Thursday, November 4, 2021

cover from Austria

On 28th August I got not only a postcard but also a cover from Austria.

The stamp on the cover shows an artwork by Benedetto Gennari from the collection of the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna. It was issued on 24th February 2021.

In the cover were three philatelic collectibles.

One of them was this maxicard from the United Nations in Vienna about Endangered Species (issued 07-04-2021). This stamp series is now already running for nearly three decades. When I visited the UN in Vienna some years ago, I had used some of them on my mail and from New York I was lucky enough to get the first set of the series on a postcard. That one was issued in 1993. 

The other two pieces were FDCs from the Vatican. The first is about the 500th anniversary of the Saint Peter's Basilica and the other honours the opening of the Philatelic and Numismatic Museum. 



Thank You very much Anita!

No comments:

Post a Comment