Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Germany: Die Sendung mit der Maus

On 5th October I got a postcard from Germany.

It shows an illustration of Die Sendung mit der Maus. As a reminder, Die Sendung mit der Maus is one of the most popular German children's TV shows. Produced since 1971, it consists of short educational features and cartoons, the Maus-Spots. Until now the show has won more than 75 awards. 

The 50th anniversary of Die Sendung mit der Maus was honoured with a special stamp (issued 01-03-2021). I said it before and I will say it again, this stamp is a disappointment. I love the design, but I hate the code. Unfortunately it will be used on all German stamps next year, so I have to come to terms with it. 

I sent this card to myself, because there was this special postmark in Herford for World Children's Day. I also got it on a cover, which unfortunately got wet during the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment