Saturday, May 21, 2022

France: Paris with EU Stamp

On 22nd January I got four postcards: one from France, one from Germany and two from Austria.

The card from France shows multiple views of Paris.

I already got many cards from Paris, but the backside makes this one special. First let's look at the postmark. It wishes good luck for the new year 2022, shows a portrait of Napoleon and is from the Île-d'Aix. On this small isle in the Atlantic Napoleon spent his last days in France before he was sent to exile on Saint Helena. The nice stamp, that is still one of my favourites of 2022, honours the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union. I like to collect the stamps about these presidencies, but the only ones that I got on time were Austria 2018 and Germany 2020, although I also got a few more sent after the presidencies had already ended. This stamp was issued on 11th January, so this stamp was actually cancelled ten days before its issue date.


Thank You very much William!

No comments:

Post a Comment