Thursday, May 28, 2020

Germany: Bodenwerder

Last Tuesday I got four cards: one from Germany, two from China and one from Austria.

The card from Germany shows various views of Bodenwerder. Bodenwerder is a little town in the German State of Lower Saxony on the river Weser. Actually it is not far away from where I live, but unfortunately passenger train services were suspended in 1982. Otherwise I would have gone there is year for the interesting jubilee the town celebrates.


Luckily I had this card lying around unwritten for some years and now had the perfect chance to send it to myself with a stamp and special postmark about the jubilee, the 300th birthday of Bodenwerder's most famous son Baron Münchhausen (issued 07-05-2020). I will post a bit more about him soon, but for now you can see some other products of this stamp on my new blog about Childhood Heroes on Stamps.


No comments:

Post a Comment