Saturday, October 31, 2020

My World Postcard Day

As all my readers probably know, 1st October was the first World Postcard Day. Although I was very busy at that time due to an internship in Schöppenstedt I still managed to do some mail-themed things on that day.

First of all I for sure sent some cards. As I was in Schöppenstedt anyway, I used the day to send some cards with the local date postmark, but as the postcard selection was not so big, I only sent cards about the Eulenspiegel Museum. The first card shows the museum building, a second card shows some Eulenspiegel illustrations and a third unwritten card shows an Eulenspiegel statue. On both the first and second card I applied a tourist cachet from the museum, on the second card I applied as well cachets from Kneitlingen, where Eulenspiegel was born, and Ampleben, where he was baptised. On the second card I used a matching Eulenspiegel stamp issued in 2011, one of my most favourite stamps of all time. Both cards I sent arrived one day later, on the 2nd October.





Later that day I joined the Postcrossing talk at the Virtual Stampex and also looked around at the show a bit more. To celebrate this special stamp show Guernsey prepared a set of six Post and Go stamps. I preordered this special cover a few days before the show and received it on the 5th October. 

For sure I also sent a card to myself from my local post office, as I was there to buy the new October stamps. However that card travelled for a very long time. Just on the 20th October I found it in my mail box. I wonder where it had for for so long. In the meantime I had already got World Postcard Day cards sent from Austria, Taiwan and Portugal, which I will show in the next days.



So, that was my World Postcard Day. What did you do on this day? Are you already looking forward to the next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment