Sunday, October 11, 2020

France: Saint Lô

Long time no see again. I am so sorry that I once again disappeared for such a long time, but I was very busy the last four weeks. However that is not the only reason for my long abscence. Another one is that I HATE the new Blogger. It does not work anymore on my old computer and also on my new computer it is so uneasy to use. This post I am writing on my mobile phone, where for some reason the photos sometimes disappear. Nonetheless I got much mail during the last time, but due to the circumstances I do not have as much time and leisure to spend with it as it deserves. Also I want to catch up as soon as possible, so in the following time you will unfortunately get more shorter posts than usual. You can however also check out my other blog. Some things might be shown there earlier than here.

Let's start with this card from France, which arrived on 10th September. It shows different views of Saint Lô, which became known as Capital of the Ruins after heavy destructions in World War II. 


Some Marianne stamps were used on the card as well as an oval stamp about a hiking route on Corsica (issued 29-06-2020). The stamps got cancelled with the special postmark from the philatelic shop in Saint Lô.


 Thank You very much William!

No comments:

Post a Comment