Thursday, June 10, 2021

Germany: Städtisches Museum in Braunschweig

Due to Covid-19 the museums in Germany had to close on 1st November 2020. Depending on the numbers of new cases, they were just allowed to reopen in some cities and regions in March, but here in Braunschweig they had to close already one week after they opened, as the numbers were rising. As I did not grab the chance in March, I had to wait nearly two more months to finally visit the first museums of the year on 21st May. At first I visited the Natural History Museum and later that day also the Städtisches Museum (Municipal Museum). Although I already have plenty of cards from both museums, I still bought a few in the Städtisches Museum. The first two here are the most interesting, as they are connected to the current special exhibition about special prints normally hidden in the museum's depot. These two are by Marc Chagall and Ernst Ludwig Kirchner.



No comments:

Post a Comment