Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sesame Street and My New Blog

For years I am now collecting stamps about fairy tales, children's books, fables, cartoons and other childhood heroes and always wanted to upload my complete collection on a new blog. Now I finally had the time to do so. With the link below you can get to the new blog immediately, but you can find the link from now on also always above among the pages. If you like stamps about these themes that is your place to be. ^___^


The latest stamp in this collection is the wonderful German stamp about the Sesame Street (issued 02-03-2020).

Sesame Street is an American educational children's television series which first aired in 1969. It combines live action, sketch comedy, animation and puppetry and uses Jim Henson's Muppets. Until today it was broadcast in more than 140 countries. In Germany it was first shown in 1973. Beside the internationally famous figures Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster and Elmo the stamp also shows Samson and Tiffy, the first two figures created solely for the German version.

While you can see all the products I have about this stamp on the new blog, below you can see just the cards, which returned with special postmarks on 11th March. The most special item I have about this issue I have however already created on my recent Trip to Hamburg. I took with me a Sesame Street card I got last year from the USA, which has the matching US stamps (issued 22-06-2019) and a special postmark on the backside, and affixed the new German stamp and the special postmark from Hamburg to create a mixed postcard. This is really one of the most special items in my entire collection! You can see the complete set of the US stamps also here on my new blog.



Cards about the Sesame Street where generally not easy to find where I live. In fact I just got three of them. On one of them I got again cancelled with the postmark from Hamburg.


Lucky for me the German Post decided to issue a set of three postcards for this stamp which I used to get some more special postmarks. On the first card is the self-adhesive version with its First Day of Usage Postmark, while on the other two cards is the normal gummed stamp with its First Day Special Postmarks from Bonn and Berlin.




The German Post also issued a set of three black and white cards, which I keep blank in my collection.



1 comment:

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Brass Sheet Suppliers

    ReplyDelete