Wednesday, December 2, 2020

My Trip to Lüneburg

On 23rd October I had been in Lüneburg. Although this had already been my second visit there, I was surprised how nice this city is. 

For a postcard collector the selection of cards is usually just as important as the place itself. In Lüneburg I found a big selection of cards, but unfortunately not a single view of the one place I was looking for. In particular I was looking for a postcard showing the Leuphana Central Building by Daniel Libeskind. However I found this multiview showing this new university building in the upper right corner.


Main reason to visit Lüneburg this time was a special exhibition about medieval pilgrims in the Museum Lüneburg. Like usual nowadays no postcards for the exhibition itself were printed, but here is a card showing an old globe from the museum.


When I was in Lüneburg the last time, I had visited two of the city's three main churches. The third one was already closed. During this trip I was there in time to visit this Saint John's Church, a good example of the Brick Gothic style. In the church there is also a small shop, but due to Covid-19 it is currently closed. This card I bought in one of the city's many souvenir shops.


Although it was just October I already had a chance to buy this postcard of Lüneburg's Christmas Market for my small collection of such markets. 


Last but not least for my own collection I also bought this card showing a pork bone in the Town Hall referencing a local legend about the discovery of Lüneburg's salt spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment