Thursday, September 25, 2014

Iraq: different scenes

Today I got six postcards: my first card from Iraq, one from Germany, one from France, one from Finland and two from Brazil.

Iraq is a country in Western Asia bordering Turkey, Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria. The capital of Iraq is Baghdad. 

The card shows different scenes. 
Until now I was not able to identify any of the places. Can someone? I will try it again later.


Stamp:
World Arabic Language Day (from set of two) (issued 09-01-2014)


Thank You very much David!

2 comments:

  1. picture on the left: minaret of the Great Nur al-Din Mosque in Mosul
    The waterfall I think is Gali Ali Beg Waterfall
    The animals look similar to the ones on Ishtars Gate
    The river could be Shatt al Arab waterway or The Eufrates River perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the information!
    David told me the other picture shows downtown Baghdad. :)

    ReplyDelete