Friday, August 21, 2020

Taiwan: Taipei Beimen Post Office

On 31st July I got a postcard from Taiwan.

It shows the Taipei Beimen Post Office. The Taipei Beimen Post Office is the main post office in Taiwan's capital. It was constructed during the Japanese colonial time and was opened in 1930. Beside being a post office it is also home to a branch of the Postal Museum since 2015.


Even more interesting than the card are the stamps. As you probably noticed many countries began to issue stamps about Covid-19. At first I wanted to collect them all, but when there were more and more stamps from countries hard to get I discarded the idea and now only actively collect the thematic stamps that I like or that are somehow special. However I still try to make a complete list on my other blog. Click here if you are interested. Taiwan issued its stamps about the pandemic on 21st July with the slogan Taiwan can help, pointing out that Taiwan's tactics against Covid-19 are not heard around the World, although it got through the time very well so far. The matching special postmark was used as well.


Thank You very much Shu-i!

No comments:

Post a Comment