Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Postcrossing Stamps from Guernsey

On 15th June I got my stamp order from Guernsey.

I think you can probably guess which stamps I had ordered from Guernsey in June, the Postcrossing stamps of course! The three stamps (issued 10-06-2021) show three local animals sending mail. As little easter egg the mail is actually addressed to the administrators of Postcrossing. I especially like the crab, which was also used on the sujet of the First Day Cover.

This time I decided to buy the mint stamps as well, as I had shortly before reorganized my stamp albums and created an extra section for Postcrossing stamps. As I had not bought the older Postcrossing stamps earlier in mint condition, I bought them this time. In comparision it is interesting to see that not only the size of the stamp sets and thus the prize increased from issue to issue but also the size of the actual stamps.

Usually I do not get them for my collection, but as I was born in the Year of the Ox, I decided to buy Guernsey's Chinese New Year stamps (issued 26-01-2021) as well. 

For sure I also ordered the stamped and postmarked postcards, but there was a mistake and I got the maxicards instead. The confusion was soon resolved and already on 21st June I got the postcards I had ordered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment