Sunday, September 26, 2021

USA: Metropolitan Museum of Art

On 9th June I got two postcards: one from the USA and one from the Netherlands.

The card from the USA is something I had been looking for for years, brought to me through official Postcrossing, a card from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, for short known as Met, is the largest art museum in the USA and one of the most important museums in the World. Its permanent collection contains over two million works. The main building near the Central Park is by area one of the largest art galleries in the World and the much smaller second location, The Cloisters, still contains an extensive collection of pieces from Medieval Europa. I would love to visit both places one day, but for now this card of 11th century bracelets has to be enough, although I would not say no to other cards from the museum.

A Global Forever stamp was used.


Thank You very much Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment