Thursday, July 25, 2024

My Trip to Münster

On 28th January 2023 I spent a day in Münster, that was my second trip to the city after 2018.

The main reason of the trip was a special exhibition about Emperor Barbarossa at the Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History. 






As the seat of a Roman Catholic diocese Münster is home to many churches. This card shows some of them. 

On my first visit I was in a hurry and had no time to visit the Saint Lambert's Church, so I did it this time. The Saint Lambert's Church was built from 1375 onwards and is the most important late Gothic sacral building in Westphalia. In 1536 the corpses of the leaders of the Münster Rebellion were exhibited in cages at the church, after they had been tortured and executed in front of it. The iron cages can be still seen today.



No comments:

Post a Comment