Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Austria: Going am Wilden Kaiser

On 12th August I got two postcards: one from Austria and one from France.

The card from Austria shows Going am Wilden Kaiser, where I spent my summer holidays. Going am Wilden Kaiser is a village in the Austrian State of Tyrol. In recent years it developed into a popular tourist destination with hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter. Also it became famous due to the Austrian-German TV show Der Bergdoktor. The village church, shown on the card, is one of the most impressive rococo churches in Tyrol. 


I used the stamp about the Centenary of the Piber Federal Stud (issued 04-07-2020) on the card and got it cancelled in Kitzbühel. Also I applied a cancel from Going's church, which is part of the Route of Saint Jacob in Tyrol.


No comments:

Post a Comment