Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Japan: Lake Inawashiro with Pokemon Stamp

On 13th July I got a postcard from Japan.

It shows Lake Inawashiro. Lake Inawashiro is the fourth-largest lake in Japan and due to its clear water known as Heavenly Mirror Lake. It is located within the Bandai-Asahi National Park in the Fukushima Prefecture.

I love love love this stamp! On 7th July Japan issued two sheets with twenty stamps about the 25th anniversary of Pokemon and as life-long fan I could not be happier. Definitely the best issue of the year, thus even beating the Star Wars Droids. This was the first stamp I got from the set. Many more already followed, but so far I do not have all. Still more to "catch"! Stamp and postmark here are a perfect match and the depicted Pokemon are Pyukumuku, Lapas, Squirtle, Dwebble and Pikachu. 


Thank You very much Keiko!

No comments:

Post a Comment