Tuesday, November 16, 2021

My Trip to Magdeburg

On 15th September I visited Magdeburg.

Magdeburg is the capital of the German State of Saxony-Anhalt and one of the twin cities of my home town Braunschweig. This card shows you some impressions of the city. Although it is just an hour away, I have been there only six or seven times in my life, but have already seen most of the things on this card. I bought this particular one, because it shows the Cultural History Museum in the lower left corner, which was the only reason why I visited Magdeburg this time. 

The Cultural History Museum is a museum about Magdeburg's history. It was opened in 1906 and is especially known for its special exhibitions. This was my third visit of the museum, the second time that I only came for a special exhibition. The current exhibition is called With Bible and Spade, commemorates the 900th anniversary of the Premonstratensian order and can be seen until early January 2022. I bought these three cards in the museum shop, but unfortunately they had no cards for the exhibition.


Earlier at the train station together with the first card I also bought these two cards, left is Friedensreich Hundertwasser's Grüne Zitadelle and right is the Town Hall with the Roland and the Magdeburg Rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment