Monday, June 22, 2020

Finland: The Memoirs of Moominpappa

Last Tuesday I got a postcard from Finland.

It shows the cover image of The Memoirs of Moominpappa by Tove Jansson. Originally published as The Exploits of Moominpappa in 1950 and then considerably revised in 1968 under the title Moominpappa's Memoirs, this is the fourth book in the Moomin series. Although I have never read any Moomin book, I like these little characters since I joined Postcrossing and I am always happy to get cards about them. 


Like I have already wrote here a few times, I recently sorted through all my stamps with childhood heroes and put them together in a new blog. At the end I also had a missing list of Moomin stamps: of the 45 Finnish Moomin stamps issued between 2007 and 2020 I had 31. Number 32 was used on this card. It is one of the six stamps issued on 9th May 2007 and shows Moominpappa. If you happen to have any Moomin stamps not shown here please post a comment. Maybe we can swap! An additional stamp was used on this card. It is from a set of six called Arktika and was issued on 9th May 2017.


Thank You very much Marita!

No comments:

Post a Comment