Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Germany: Linn Castle

Last Thursday I got two postcards: one from Germany and one from Austria.

The card from Germany shows Linn Castle. Linn Castle is a castle in Krefeld and dates back to the 12th century, but was enlarged, destroyed and rebuilt over the centuries. Today it is home to a museum. 


One of my favourite stamps of 2019 was used on this card. It is from a set of two marking the beginning of the new stamp series called Heroes of the Childhood (issued 05-12-2019) and shows Heidi. Interestingly I have not received this stamp on many cards. With this one I now have it on five cards, of which I had sent two to myself. Keeping in mind that after the increase in postage last July there are still not so many postcard value stamps to choose from, that is quite strange. A reason might be that this stamp is only available as gummed stamp and thus maybe not available in many post offices.


Thank You very much Marcel!

No comments:

Post a Comment