Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Gabon: Paysage des Hauts-Plateaux

On 17th February I got three postcards: my first card from Gabon, one from Macau and one from Austria.

Gabon is a country on the west coast of Central Africa. It is bordered by Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon and the Republic of Congo. Gabon is one of the most properous countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, but due to inequality in income distribution a significant proportion of the population remains poor. Independent from France since 1960, the country's capital is Libreville. 

I could not find anything about the place on the card, but in times like this it is still very special to add a new country to my collection. I actually already swapped for it last March, but there were mail suspensions for a long time between Gabon and Germany.

The stamp is from a big set about the members of Gabon's Constitutional Court (issued 26-01-2019). This one shows Marie Mborantsuo, who is the court's president since its foundation in 1991.


Thank You very much Mike for arranging this card for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment