Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Burundi: German fault

On 10th March I got five postcards: my first card from Burundi, one from Belarus, two from Indonesia and one from Japan.

Burundi is a country in Africa bordered by Rwanda, Tanzania and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The capital of Burundi is Bujumbura.

The card shows the German fault. The German fault was a German military post during the time of German East Africa. German East Africa was a German colony. During World War I it was hard-fought. The German Schutztruppe had to fought against soldiers from Belgian, British and Portuguese colonies. In 1915 the German troops were able to beat off attacks from Kenya and to attack the surrounded colonies. In 1916 stronger troops marched in from the surrounded colonies and forced back the German troops to the Southern part of German East Africa. In 1917 went the German troops to the Portuguese colony Mozambique. In 1918 they capitulated.


I could not find any information on this stamp, but I think you can see another stamp from the set here.
It shows a female and a male Homoderus mellyi. The Homoderus mellyi is a stag beetle originated in Tanzania.


Thank You very much Mike for arranging this card for me!

2 comments:

  1. You have shared the postcard & stamp, it's very wonderful. And I really like your postcard & stamp.
    Thank you so much for sharing

    Pincodezone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more posts by you!
    Zkarts

    ReplyDelete