Sunday, March 29, 2015

Germany: German Historical Museum in Berlin

On Friday I was in Berlin for a one-day trip. There I visited two nice museums.

The second museum was the German Historical Museum. The German Historical Museum is one of Germany's largest history museums and shows Germany's history in images and artefacts. The permanent exhibition is divided into two parts. The first part is located in the first floor of the historical Zeughaus and shows exhibits about the interval from the Middle Ages to the end of World War I. 
In this museum is also a very well structured museum shop with a great collection of postcards. There I bought, appropriate to the first part of the exhibition, a postcard of Frederick the Great.


The second part of the permanent exhibition is located in the ground floor of the Zeughaus and shows images and artefacts of the time from the Weimar Republic to the departure of the Allies in 1994. For this part I bought a postcard of an old photo taken on 17th June 1953 in the former East Germany.


I also visited the special exhibition about the Red Army Faction located in another building.

No comments:

Post a Comment