Tuesday, October 27, 2015

cover from Russia

Today I got a cover from Russia.

Stamps:
Fountains of Russia (from set of four) (issued 15-12-2009)
Native Military Equipment of World War I (from set of four) (issued 10-09-2015)


Inside were a postcard and a stamp set from Russia.
The postcard shows the Triumphal Arch of Moscow. The Triumphal Arch of Moscow was built between 1829 and 1834 to commemorate Russia's victory over Napoleon. It was dismantled when Josef Stalin reconstructed Moscow's downtown in 1936 and was rebuilt between 1966 and 1968.


The stamp set is about the World War I Centenary and shows Native Military Equipment of World War I (issued 10-09-2015).
The Novik Destroyer became a part of the Russian Navy in 1913 and was used during World War I. She was destroyed in 1941 by a sea mine.
The Sikorsky S-22 Ilya Muromets heavy bomber. It was designed and constructed at the Russo-Baltic Carriage Factory in 1913. During World War I 80 aircrafts were constructed, which were used in 400 mission sorties. Between the end of the war and 1923 they were used for the transport of post and passengers.
The 76.2 mm field rapid-firing gun was developed at Putilov Works in Saint Petersburg in 1902. It formed the basis of Russian Imperial artillery during World War I. Sometimes it was also used to destroy aircrafts and tanks.
The Mosin–Nagant 7.62 mm rifle was put into service in 1891 and repeatedly modernised. Due to its simplicity and reliability, it was actively used during World War I.



Thank You very much Nikolay!

No comments:

Post a Comment