Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Switzerland: Allschwill and EUROPA Stamps

On Monday I got my order from the Swiss Post. Among the things I ordered was also a prepaid postcard which was issued last year for Stamp Day (issued 15-11-2018).

The card shows an old view of Allschwil. Allschwil is a municipality in the Swiss Canton of Basel-Country. 



The main reason to order something from the Swiss Post were the new EUROPA (issued 02-05-2019), as they are something special this year: they can be scanned to listen to the depicted birds. Switzerland is one of the more than twenty countries taking part in this so-called Europa Stamps Bird Project. As I really like this idea, I will try to collect all of these stamps. The ones I already got you can see on my stamp blog. The two Swiss stamps show a Golden Eagle and a Sanderling.


No comments:

Post a Comment