Thursday, April 29, 2021

USA: Niagara Falls

Last Tuesday I got a postcard from the USA.

It shows the Niagara Falls. The Niagra Falls is a group of three waterfalls on the border between Canada and the USA. It is famed for its beauty and is a valuable source of hydroelectric power. In all my years of collecting postcards this is just my second card of this famous spectacle of nature. The first one I received from Canada in August 2013.

Three great stamps were used on the card. First of all there is this year's Year of the Ox stamp (issued 02-02-2021). I really like this stamp with the shining crown and the nice blue, although I have heard that there are complaints that the stamp does not use the traditional colours of red and golden. The other two stamps celebrate former Chinese New Years, the Year of the Rat in 2008 (issued 09-01-2008) and even nicer the Year of the Ox in 2009 (issued 08-01-2009). Great to have these two stamps together on one card! Suitably they were cancelled in Buffalo with an Earth Day postmark. 


Thank You very much Audrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment