Thursday, April 8, 2021

Germany: Krefeld Hauptbahnhof

On 16th March I got two postcards: one from Germany and one from France.

The card from Germany shows Krefeld Hauptbahnhof. Krefeld Hauptbahnhof is the main train station of Krefeld. It was opened in 1847 and is classified as category 3 station. Not served by long-distance trains until 2013, Krefeld was thus back then one of the largest German cities that was only served by regional trains. Now however there is a ICE connection to Berlin. Currently I am really interesting in railways. Not really in the technics, but more in the historic consequences of the invention and the great architecture of railway stations. Actually I wanted to collect cards of all the German train stations in category 1 and 2, but after I saw this one and knew that I needed a broader collection definition. Soon I will create a new page above to list all the international stations I already got. Hopefully I can get some more in the future!

One of my favourite stamps of 2020 was used on the card: Wickie from the second set of Childhood Heroes (issued 03-12-2020). It was cancelled with a Covid-19 postmark, at least with the upper half.


Thank You very much Marcel!

No comments:

Post a Comment