Thursday, April 15, 2021

Germany: Braunschweig Lion

In late March all the philatelic shops in Germany were closed. Most of them were however reopened on different locations on 1st April. The new locations are nearly all worse for the general public and the philatelic range on sale is much smaller, but they all got new pictorial postmarks. Unfortunately I was not able to go to the new shop on the first day, as I did not have the time to go to the other end of the city. I really do not like this new development and together with the Matrixcode it might really be a reason for me to stop collecting German stamps, but the new pictorial postmarks are something nice to collect. 

The postmark from Braunschweig shows the Braunschweig Lion, my city's most famous attraction. When I visited the shop I got this card of the lion cancelled with the new postmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment