Thursday, November 27, 2014

Germany: Deutsches Eck in Koblenz

Today I got eight postcards: two from Germany, one from Brazil, one from Japan, one from Vietnam, one from Egypt and my first two cards from Guernsey. 

One of the cards from Germany shows the Deutsches Eck in Koblenz in Rhineland-Palatinate. The Deutsches Eck is an artificial spit of land at the confluence of Mosel and Rhine with a big monument for Emperor William I. It is the starting point of the 2002 created UNESCO World Heritage Site Upper Middle Rhine Valley.
I got this card a few weeks ago in an envelope.


Stamp:
Stolzenfels Castle (issued 02-01-2014)
with a special postmark about the 225th birth anniversary of Peter Joseph Lenné


Thank You very much Mirko for sending me the card in a cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment