Sunday, November 9, 2014

cover from Hungary

On Tuesday I got not only five postcards but also a cover from Hungary.

Stamps:
Chair (from set of five) (issued 09-10-2000)
World War I Centenary (issued 28-07-2014)
During World War I was Hungary a part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. After World War I Hungary became independent and had to pay war reparations to its neighbours. The borders of Hungary were defined through the Treaty of Trianon, one of the treaties closed in the suburbs of Paris. The stamp shows a mounted officer's medal group.


In the cover were some Hungarian cards.
One of them a chain with the insignia of the Order of St. Stephen and a second one shows the Holy Crown of Hungary.



Another card shows the Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph I and the Hungarian Prime Minister István Tisza.
István Tisza played an important role during the July crisis leading to World War I. He was also a big supporter of the dual monarchy and the alliance with the German Empire. He was killed during the Aster Revolution in 1918.


And there were also three cards from Budapest in the cover.




Thank You very much Karr!

No comments:

Post a Comment