Saturday, September 5, 2015

Austria: Salzburg

On Tuesday I got fourteen cards from Austria.

One of them shows the Old Town of Salzburg. Since 1996 is the the Historic Centre of Salzburg on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
I sent it from my holidays in Austria.


With a matching stamp:
UNESCO Salzburg (issued 28-01-2010)


I also bought another card of the Old Town.


I also bought two cards of famous sights in Salzburg.
One of them shows the Hohensalzburg Castle. The Hohensalzburg Castle is a famous landmark of Salzburg and one of the largest castles in Europe. It is also Europe's largest castle from the 11th century, the largest preserved castle of Central Europe, the third-most visited sight of Austria and the most visited sight in the Austrian State of Salzburg. Today it houses a museum.


The other card shows the Mirabell Garden. It is one of the most famous sights of Salzburg.


I also bought three cards of Austrian food showing a ring cake, sugared pancake with raisins and Mozart balls.



1 comment:

  1. I love Salzburg! Of all the places I visited in Germany and Austria, it was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete