Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Germany: Maya the Bee

On 12th December I got six postcards including four from Germany.

One of the cards from Germany shows Maya the Bee. Maya the Bee was originally created by Waldemar Bonsels in 1912, but is now mainly famous due to a German-Japanese TV show from the 1970s. A new TV show was first aired in 2013, but Maya's first cinematic appearance already dates back to the 1920s. First aired in 1926 the movie used real insects. 

After Heidi and Pippi Longstocking in 2019, Maya the Bee and Wickie were chosen this year for the stamp series Helden der Kindheit issued on 3rd December. Unfortunately I was not able to find a single Maya card were I live, but luckily I was able to get help from Austria.


 Thank You very much Anita for helping me with the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment