Monday, December 21, 2020

United Nations: Vienna International Centre

On 26th November I got three postcards including one from the United Nations.

Although I had shown a card about the Vienna International Centre just a few days ago, this card is different. It is my first card sent from one of the United Nations Post Offices since 2015. I already have a few cards from Vienna, mainly sent during my trip there in 2014, and New York, but so far I have never got a postcard from the office in Geneva.

Also on this card the stamps commemorate the 75th anniversary of the United Nations (issued 24-10-2020) and it even got the First Day Special Postmark. Like usual similar sheets were issued for the offices in Geneva and New York. However this is not the complete sheet. The upper part with a message by António Guterres had to be cut off to fit the sheet on the card.


 Thank You very much Anita!

No comments:

Post a Comment